JONATHAN M. BRANDLER has over 40 years of experience concentrating his practice in labor and employment law. Prior to joining Hill Farrer & Burrill in 1982, Mr. Brandler served as a Field Attorney and Supervising Attorney at the National Labor Relations Board from 1970 to 1978 and as West Coast Labor Counsel for CBS Inc. from 1978 to 1981.
Mr. Brandler advises employers in all aspects of employment relations, and represents management in a variety of labor and employment related matters in both for-profit and non-profit sectors, including clients in the entertainment, healthcare, construction, retail and manufacturing industries.
His experience includes:
- Defense of employment discrimination and wrongful termination claims and lawsuits in federal and state courts and agencies
- Representation of employers at union organization and unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board
- Advising employers on union relations
- Labor arbitrations
- Wage and hour audits
- Defense of Cal/OSHA claims
- Advising employers on all aspects of employment issues
- Serving as an impartial mediator in more than 150 matters.
Community Service & Affiliations:
Mr. Brandler has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles for over 30 years and served as its Board President from 2000 to 2002 and as a member of the Executive Committee for over 20 years. He is a member of the Advisory Board of the USC Institute for Corporate Counsel. His past affiliations also include Vice President and member of the Board of Directors of Hillcrest Country Club; member of the University of Southern California Casden Institute for the Study of the Jewish Role in American Life, and member of the Board of Directors of Adat Ari El.