Class Action Defense
- Represented national moving and storage company in a variety of consumer class actions in various federal and state courts, arising out of policies, practices and procedures of the company.
- California counsel representing for profit educational company in defense of California class action, arising out of certain courses offered by the company.
- Represented major chemical distributor in several complex litigation cases alleging claims for strict products liability, breach of implied warranty, and negligence. After protracted litigation, successfully negotiated settlements involving nominal monetary amounts when damages alleged by the Plaintiffs for toxic exposure to chemicals exceeded millions of dollars in each case.
- Defended major golf course owner/operator sued in a certified class action by current and former home owners and country club members seeking damages of over $40 million for allegedly void transfer fees arising from easement provisions in recorded CC&Rs. Was sole counsel for defendant at trial which resulted in judgment for defendant and was sole attorney for respondent on appeal which affirmed the judgment for the golf course owner.
- Handled trial court and appellate proceedings that made new law in the areas of class action discovery.
- Represented defendant banking institution in a national class action arising out of a $130 million bond default. Was a member of the team that obtained a favorable resolution for bank.
- Represented defendant banking institution in class action suit brought by beneficiaries of structured settlement trusts who alleged that the bank had allowed more than $100 million in trust assets to be improperly transferred. Was a member of the team that obtained a favorable resolution on behalf of the bank.