Real Estate and Land Use Litigation
- Successful defense obtained after highly contested trial of quiet title action involving multi-million dollar residential real property in Beverly Hills.
- Obtained $1.2 million dollar judgment in lessor’s favor in a breach of commercial lease, breach of lease covenants, and waste action.
- On behalf of large interstate railroad, obtained summary adjudication of all damage claims asserted against railroad in action involving viability of railroad easement. Railroad eventually obtained judgment in its favor on all remaining claims at trial. Judgment upheld by California Court of Appeal.
- Defended a large residential developer in an action by the condominium HOA and owners attacking the CC&Rs and alleging fraud in the sale of units and many claims for equitable relief. Was sole attorney in the 10 week trial in Indio, which resulted in a judgment for the developer.
- Served as lead counsel for defendant national railroad in a real estate dispute in which landowners alleged that the railroad had abandoned property rights, those rights had reverted to the landowners and the railroad violated their rights by attempting to sell those rights on the open market. Obtained defense verdict at trial and prevailed on subsequent appeal.