Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets
- Represented a staffing company in the prosecution of a federal RICO case involving claims for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets, Lanham Act violations, etc. Defeated an eight-figure counterclaim on summary judgment and obtained a favorable settlement.
- Prosecuted and defended numerous state and federal cases involving claims for misappropriation of trade secrets by employers against former employees. These cases often involve seeking or resisting temporary restraining orders and injunctions. Obtained a complete defense verdict after a 10-day jury trial for a former employee sued for trade secret misappropriation and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with the formation of a competing business. Recovered attorney fee awards for numerous defendants sued for trade secret misappropriation in bad faith.
- Effectively protected the trade secrets of a supply company from a former employee who misappropriated and divulged confidential information to a competitor.
- Handled well over 50 cases involving claims against employees who changed employment and were accused of taking confidential information of their former employer. Have represented employers and employees in these cases which often involve seeking or resisting Temporary Restraining Orders and injunctions. Many of these cases were resolved on summary judgment, and some resolved by trial.
- Tried to a jury a misappropriation of trade secrets claim involving the purported theft of an idea for a product. After a hung jury, persuaded the trial court to award judgment as a matter of law, affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully defended two employees through a favorable jury verdict who were accused of complicity in a case involving misappropriation of trade secret paint formulas.